Author Topic: Alpha testers  (Read 5395 times)

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Alpha testers
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »
We will very soon be able to offer an Alpha version, so we search for Alpha testers that have is alrady have an Oxigen system up running.

Team RCS64

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha testers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:53:56 AM »
ICYMI, I should be able to give it a go.

Scorpio

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »
Hi Martin,

New member, and very interested in this project.
I realise this is an old post but I assume it is still current.

Having recently got back into slots after an absence of about 40 years, the latest developments are pretty exciting.
I purchased O2 about 6 months ago and have not looked back.

Before purchasing my O2 system I looked at the different RMS systems and settled on PCLapcounter for a couple of reasons:
* O2 support already available
* Arduino support already available and a pretty good RS-232 protocol
* Customisable screen - I am able to use very large fonts due to poor eyesight

I use the Arduino/RS-232 control to interface to a Crestron automation system. This enables me to control the race from iPads, Phones and a touchpanel. I am also able to get race stats from PCLapcounter on these devices.

I'm prepared to purchase a copy of RC64 if I can be included in the Alpha program as one of the things that PCLC lacks are some of the simulation features and these are the things that Digital brings to life.
However I'm also very keen that RS-232 control is available (if not now then a future version) to interface to my Crestron.

Regards
-Scorpio

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »
Welcome Scorpio,

Thank you for your interest.

At this point we just started with testing, it is a bit too early to have more testers but when that time comes we will contact you.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »
Hi Scorpio
I am glad RCS_o2 have woke your interests.
At this level we have a tester out there, but always open for more info. I am sure we will put you on the testing panel, we just have to get to a little more stable state. The good news is that we are very close to that state.

About the RS-232 and other third part solutions. I cannot promise you anything. At RCS64 we simply did too much support for third part Hardware, it ended up with too many configurations off hardware. its like to have a F1 car and an old beetle and they need to start at the same time and end race exacly the same time.
At RCS64 we suport multiple controller sensors display etc. and it is nightmare to handle it all in the code. So RCS_o2 will be very limited for this.
A good thing could be support a mobile device like Ipda etc. But we simply dont have the skils for it. So we are working hard on a wireless display with a touch screen with a dedicated USB dongle.

When we are ready for you to test we will let you know, it might happen sooner than you expect:)

Arg just saw reply from Marcel but gladly we agreed:)

Martin
Team RCS

Scorpio

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
Hello Minardi & Martin,

How are things progressing?
Very keen to try this out as I've been reading many of the very interesting posts on RCS64 on SlotForum and if this version is anything like that it should rock.

Let me know when you are ready and I'll purchase a licence.

Regards
-s

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 11:56:51 AM »
Hi
Well We are still working on it.
At the moment we are focus on the tire wear, also trying to improve the GUI. So we are not there yet sorry.

Martin
Team RCS