Author Topic: Start race on ???? tires  (Read 6303 times)

sjc115

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Start race on ???? tires
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
It has been a while since I have used the old version of RCS, but I seem to remember being able to choose which tire you start the race on (Hard/Soft/Wet).  I cant find that option in the new version.  Every race seems to start the cars on hard tire.  Is that option in the new version?  Can somebody help me find it?

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Start race on ???? tires
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »
Use the LC button on the start menu to chose the Tires..

sjc115

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »
Martin, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the start menu.  Is that the screen that pops up right before the race begins (where the throttle profiles can be changed and all drivers must press the brake button to start the race)?

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »
yes, that is the one. Each driver can also select which tyre to use at the starting of the race by using the LC. 

sjc115

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »
Great, thank you.  I was looking for a drop down box similar to the way you change the throttle profile.  Never thought to try the LC button.  Thanks again!

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 06:04:31 PM »
This was a hidden gem for me as well. One of the guys at the race on Sunday figured this out for us after we had stopped racing with RCS64. It's convenient to see the track temp, and forecast, and be able to set your tires accordingly, before the race begins.

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
Hey Greg,
I watched all the video of your sunday race and I couldn't believe that you didn't know about it!!!  :)
One thing that we are missing compared to the previous version is the setting of the fuel level before the event starts: before I could check the weather before the event and based on the conditions I was able to set the fuel level the car had at the start. Now this is not possible anymore. Sure you can set the start fuel level of the car but you cannot check the weather in which the race will be held.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
True, real pit stop strategy was in the making, but lower priority before release of v4.
I can dig up the blueprints again, but I think rally mode will come sooner.

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
Yep. Tire related stuff was not part of my testing.

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
Marcel
I think the main problem (Martin you can correct if I am wrong) is that the start fuel level as a variable is so embedded in the code that would require a major rewrite. Now, if you guys want to add more functionality (rally mode) then bringing up this variable to the same level as the tyre type might be even more complicated.

I am the first one when it comes to add new functionality, but in the long terms I think you guys should first look at improving some of the features of the current version before adding extra code. A part from the start fuel level to be set according to the weather before the event is started (this is not a new feature/functionality as I was able to do it in the previous version of RCS) I would look at the track condition slider  (still a bit confusing as it is right now), more readable dashboard, and the integration of a proper series/championship organizer (the current one is still a but of a mystery to me).

I am going dig out all the comments/suggestions that I have made during the testing and put them in the future development sections. It would be nice if other users would also comments on them so to give you guys a sense of priority to what implement first.