Author Topic: Decimals Vs Colons for Final Race Report  (Read 5186 times)

Flag Slot Racer

• Been Here More than a Bit
    • View Profile
Decimals Vs Colons for Final Race Report
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:00:51 PM »
I had a race night a couple weeks ago and RCS64 worked perfectly for all five races! Kudos to the RCS64 Team. The program has really come a long way!

When putting together the results, I copy the HTML form directly into Excel. Unfortunately, as the times are separated with colons, Excel interprets them as times and that really screws things up. Is there any way they could be made to be decimal numbers? Not a big deal, it would just make it easier to compile my data update I send out post race.

I love the extra data you have added to the final report. Actually the more data the better so if the report could expand that would be fantastic. Maybe an option of a per lap report?

Keep up the good work guys.

Heath

chris99

• Been Here a Bit
  • Rock on
    • View Profile
Re: Decimals Vs Colons for Final Race Report
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »
Hi Heath,
Would formatting the cells as text before pasting get round it?  In LibreOffice Calc, select the relevant cells, then go to Format - Cells -Text. Then copy-paste the data from the html document.

Chris

Flag Slot Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »
Hey Chris,

Thanks for your response. I don't think that would help. As soon as Excel sees the format with the colon, it converts it over to 'time' format. Which would be great if it weren't interpreting that as the time of day. The way I've been able to get around it is to copy into a text editor and find and replace the colons with decimals and then copy and paste it into Excel. It's a bit of a hassle though.

Heath

chris99

• Been Here a Bit
  • Rock on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:54:57 AM »
But can't you select all cells in the blank Excel SS and format them as text, before pasting the times?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:58:02 AM by chris99 »

Flag Slot Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »
For a second I had a glimmer of hope that this would work as well Chris, but it seems to convert it to time regardless of if you specify the cell type previously. At least on the two versions I have tried it on.

Heath

Flag Slot Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:05:42 AM »
So I have found a way to make it work relatively easy. You copy and paste the files into a text editor, then you find and replace the colon with a period. Then you copy and paste it into Excel. Here is the important part, when the import dialog pops up, make sure to change the format on the columns that contain numbers from "Standard" to "English". This prevents the software from adding an ' before all of the numbers.

Heath

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »
Hi Heath, have you seen the option in main screen to see old race results ? I bet you can do more there than with just the html.