Author Topic: Race sound  (Read 1790 times)

lalou

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
Race sound
« on: November 17, 2020, 09:58:08 AM »
Hi, the sound are realy realistic on RCS64.
I would like to have an option to have the sound of each car all the time regarding the throttle power and also the position of the car regarding the end of lap. Possible ?
Thanks
Lalou

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Race sound
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 06:57:56 PM »
Hi Yes we had a lot off talk about this and it wasent easy as The sound is just a player for Wav files, To make this we had to have too many wave files and the handling would end up taking all the PC resources.

lalou

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 09:39:39 AM »
Thanks Martin for your reply. I understand the technical problematic. Otherwhise it could be possible to have a modulation of the existant sounds ? I mean you affect a sound to a car and after you adjust the power of this sound and you apply it all the time with a routine (cycle) which determine a sound which is lauder when you pass the detector of the PB and smoother after. It will be in this case alway the same sound only with registered variations.
Best regards
Martial

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »
This is something we surely will get back to once we have a new version out, as it is something I personally like to have very much. As Martin said, we already had plans with this long time ago, but it is no priority now, but will remain on our to do list.