Author Topic: Dashboard Explanation  (Read 4693 times)

Vector

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
  • Team RCS64 Tea Boy
    • View Profile
Dashboard Explanation
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:58:07 AM »

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Dashboard Explanation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:52:07 AM »
Looks good. A replacement which includes the driver status in the driver name/car image section would be good, for example, the Stop and Go penalty indicator, and pit menu options.

Also, during a race, some conditions appear in the lap count (which also needs enumerating) box showing things like "Pit Lane" or "Damage: 0" or "Finished"

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 01:35:57 AM »
Thanks for the image and explanation. To be honest I never look at those numbers while I am racing. I cannot bother to look what was my fastest time or what is the difference with the leader (I am not even sure that I understand that correctly). I can gauge that by looking at the track and seeing where my opponent is and whether I am gaining on him/her. However, that value is taking most of the lower row in the dash board. Also for the two red/green button: I think that one would be enough. Dark green = slower lap than last (basically what the red does/means now). Bright green = as it is.

To save a bit of space I would also use the field for the latest lap time to display two values: the latest lap time over (with a "/") the fastest lap. By doing that it is possible to save a lot of space for having bigger fonts for fuel level (+ a gauge) and tyres.   

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:26:30 AM »
I did notice the dashboard boxes can be adjusted. It would be cool if RCS could be updated in the future to allow custom dashboard sizing that is saved. :)