Author Topic: Sketch for a working pitllight using a normal standard digital scalex controller  (Read 4397 times)

Cornelis

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
Does anyone have a working Arduino sketch for a blinking LED when you open the PITmenu by means of a normal standard scalextric digital controller. (So no Smart Sensors and no Pit Pro). I have a working sketch for the reds, green and yellow leds but a working pitlight (in my case a blue led on pin 11 on an Arduino Uno board) sadly not works after many attempts.

You might know that the pit light (led on pin 11)  is well working in the "Simple Arduino Test” utility on the Main Page Tab of the RCS64 software. I think when there is no pit data sending out of the RCS64 program to the Arduino board, than testing of the pit led (with stages off, on and blink) is also not possible.....or am I wrong?
.....but maybe it is a protocol problem.

Thanks in advance!

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Sorry RCS64 is not sending any commands for this!

Martin

Cornelis

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
I think I finally found nice solution for a blinking Pitlight only using one Arduino board and the standard scalextric controllers and not using Pit pro or Smart Sensors.

I use a TCRT5000 Infrared Sensor Module for the pit light  in combination with the Arduino board I already use for the other lights.  You can use more than one infrared module if the pits is a little bit longer.

I am testing it on a breadboard and it looks very promising. So summarizing I use only one Arduino (Uno) board and one Arduino sketch to have (hanging under an old Dunlop bridge):
- Red starting lights and blinking reds (for as long as you want) at the end of the ace.
- Greens for the race
- Blinking yellows for track call
- Blinking blue for one or more cars in the pits

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Wow that is nice work. Do you have pictures?

Cornelis

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
I am getting the error message "Cannot access attachments upload path!" when I want to upload pictures so it is not working.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Ah too bad, please share them via rcs64rms mail than I can try to upload them.