Author Topic: Poor control of car after new Start Event  (Read 4058 times)

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
Poor control of car after new Start Event
« on: August 26, 2015, 12:19:36 AM »
I have noticed the last few times I program a new Start Event that the car accelerates out of control when I pass the start line. When I get the car back and pass the Start for the second time I get back control over the speed.
Fortunately my Start lane is close to the end of a straight so damage to the cars have not occurred so far,  however it makes no sense why it would happen only after the first time I use the software; subsequent start events go on without a problem.
Second matter I have observed is that lack of speed control after a few laps on cars I have installed digital chips. I can go around the track for several lasp without an incident but when I sue RCS64 the same car, being used with the same throttle and same speed starts to respond erratically after a few laps. having a difficukt time figuring out why it happens only when using the software...is there a potential explanation on the why this might be occurring?
Thanks

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Poor control of car after new Start Event
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »
Hi

How is your race setup:
Is weather on, using Tire wear  an is fuel on?

Martin
Team RCS64

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure have fuel consumption, tyre wear, and weather options all on...should I try to change those option to off for the initial lap?

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
I am prettu sure its the Weather feature.

The throttle is affected by weather and Type off tire amd even how wsted your tire is.

Try deaktivate weather. then I am pretty sure your problem(Feature) is solved.

Martin

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
I'll try but raises the question how to utilize the weather feature in a race...should the cars go slowly through the start once so the controller becomes reliable again?

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:05:01 PM »
It all depend on your race setup.
If you have a 10 lap race with 3 random weathers. Then its likely that you have a weather change within the first Lap.

First thing, make sure your problem is related to weather.

I will also recemend that you start racing with only a few features on. then after some races add more features and feel the diffrence. If you add all at once, you cannot find out what is cousing car behaving.

Martin

docdoom

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »
I also have had that happen and found it only happen when the track was damp or wet never when dry. so i just reset weather so its dry at the start of the race. also the cars it did happen to had slicks on and not wet weather tires

Brewer

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »
I am also having this problem of cars accelerating out of control, has anyone found the reason for this and come up with a fix since the original posting by Tavo back in August.