Author Topic: Inquiry on Pit Stop like, One of 3 drivers, All Activities to trigger were Off  (Read 4458 times)

Btrain2life

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
First time posting, During several races setup same way with no pit stops, tire wear, fuel, or damage activated one driver of the 3 seemed to make pit stops during the 50 lap events several times.  We changed, cars & settings, changed controllers, change drivers settings, setup new single event and the same activity occurred only for one individual.  Now it seemed to occur after a race call event.  Now it didn't happen at all to the other 2 drivers in event.  What might be causing this?

Vector

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
  • Team RCS64 Tea Boy
    • View Profile
Hi Btrain,

Thanks for posting your issue.

Do you have SmartSensors or Pit Pro?

If Smartsensors are on but all features, Fuel etc are off it is still possible to activate the PitMenu by driving over the sensors and into the pits.

I can't think of any other way that you can enter the PitMenu without other features being on.

Was it the same ID that this happened on each time?

If you can it would be really useful to post some screenshots of your settings (Main Page, Controller, Single event page). It is simple to add images to a post by clicking on the Add image to post wording above this text box.

Hopefully we can sort this issue for you.

Andy P

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
If he has no pit sensors, the driver could be triggering the pit menu manually... accidentally.
Check the "Secs before open pit menu" on the main page, and make sure it's at least 1s, if not 2s.
Also, check the "Button for pit menu" option. If it's set to just brake, and your pit menu access was less than 1s, then he could easily have been entering the pit menu when using his brakes. Similarly, if his controller was dirty or bad (set controllers can malfunction this way), then he might be getting the problem without even pressing the button.
If/since you're not using pit menu stuff, I'd jack up that pit menu delay to 10s or more, so that it literally never happens in a race. Then, the button option won't even matter.

Btrain2life

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
Sorry for late reply, I will check on both reply suggestions.  Good point that user may have been triggering the pit by pushing the break & lane change button.  I will check the setting.  I also do have the pit lane track in with sensors however the pit pro tower segment is not.  He may have traveled through that segment and delay kicked in at some point after.  Not sure I can re validate but all point for me to check on next occurrence.  Thank you!

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
My guess MrFlippant is right. As usual ;)

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
You said your pin sensor is in, but the tower is not. Does that mean you had your Pit-Pro unhooked at the time, or do you mean that you split the parts and the tower is off by itslef, not attached to the track? If you have active/working pit sensors of any kind, make sure they are working properly in RCS64. If they are, then there should not be any erroneous pit menu stuff going on.