Author Topic: Bug Reporting  (Read 18777 times)

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reporting
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 06:08:47 PM »
Hi Greg
Thanks for repporting this.
I have tested, And off cource your right, there is a problem, but the copy to all cars seems to work, there is a minor bug in the "Use this cars settings for all chosen cars" It does not copy data into the one you have chosen. Its corrected in next build.

Martin

Just to be clear, the "copy to all cars" also does not copy the Power control data. It only copies the fuel tank stuff. I was not able to find ANY way to copy Power control data from one car to any or all other cars.

I realize now that this might be as designed, and that the copy functions are intended to only be for the settings in that box. But, I would very much like a way to copy Power Control data from one car to multiple other cars, 'cus it's a real hassle to edit all those data points individually for each car.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:11:31 PM by MrFlippant »

MattiasC

• Been Here More than a Bit
    • View Profile
Bugs and suggestions
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 12:39:48 PM »
Have been playing around some more:

1. Pace car tab
There is a green button/lamp for each lane. Im under the impression that it´s supposed to turn on/off the power for the pace car. If so, it doesnt work. Power is always on (as long as the controller is not attached). If not so, it would be nice to have such a feature here. I also wish for a checkbox that makes the pace car randomly lane change on the fly (like in the original power base).

2. Starting an event
When staring an event there is a green button for actually starting the event, but it is greyed out. You have to click on all the controls in order to start the event. I would love to have the green button work. I often set up cars on all lanes when drivning by myself, for tuning them against each other, and now I have to run around and press all the controlers like a maniac  ;D.

Keep up the good work!
Regards
Matt

docdoom

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »
during practice mode with fixed pace cars running.at end of the event all pace cars will start speeding up to the point that they will start flying of the track.it take a few lap  before you see it happen.not a problem if you catch the end of the practice and shut down the event. need to click on qualify and race tap and see if practice stops on its own or if you have to stop it manually  tested and race and qualifying work coorect
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:54:05 AM by docdoom »

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »
Pace car spped up while race not is on:
I have actually heard off this problem before, but both Andy and I wasent able to reproduce this fault on our setup. Can you describe you setup, so I can narrow dowh what is going wrong. Like havemade Throttle calibration or using special throttle profiles etc..

Martin

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
About copy cars:
I am a little suprised about the use off this feature. Honestly I did not thought it would be used so much. So my mistake, Plese tell me how many setting you think should be copied at this feature. I guess I have to add the power settings?

Martin

chris99

• Been Here a Bit
  • Rock on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
Pace car spped up while race not is on:
I have actually heard off this problem before, but both Andy and I wasent able to reproduce this fault on our setup. Can you describe you setup, so I can narrow dowh what is going wrong. Like havemade Throttle calibration or using special throttle profiles etc..

Martin
I see this pace car speed up every time after the pacers have completed the race but other cars have not yet finished - nothing special in my setup.

I have race finishes - "all cars on same lap" but the race doesn't finsh if any deslotted car has not been replaced on the track - the Race is waiting for this missing car to pass the S/F line. In this case the pacers continue to speed up until they deslot.

Chris

docdoom

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 02:03:24 AM »
bone stock throttle controls and profiles. all throttle calibration are good also. pace care running on fixed speeds. dont have any sector timing  sensor set up yet. I found that record pace cars Are just to erratic with out them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:23:12 AM by docdoom »

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
I did found the bug with the pace car keep adjusting Throlle while game was over, fixed in next version

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
About copy cars:
I am a little suprised about the use off this feature. Honestly I did not thought it would be used so much. So my mistake, Plese tell me how many setting you think should be copied at this feature. I guess I have to add the power settings?

Martin

Just the things that one might want to be duplicated across multiple cars. Looking at the car setup page, the only thing I would add is the Power Control settings, to go along with the Tank Size, Safe Speed, Power % and Burn Rate. Everything else is stuff that should be unique from car to car, or is at least not time consuming to manually enter for each car.

The reason I ask is that the default Power Control settings were not useful for us. 85% is not a noticeable decrease in power for the cars we were racing. We had to take it down to 70%, and then I had to adjust all the following percentages. I wanted to then copy that over to all the other cars, but could not. I didn't have time to manually enter them into each car, so I just made everyone use the same car... which defeats the whole point of custom cars, IMHO.

WebWolf

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
Please change so that safe speed is not dependant on the selected throttle profile!

For me "Safe speed" = The lowest speed a specific CAR can go around the track without getting stuck in elevations or tight curves.

The safe speed setting for a car (say 20%) should be 20% of the max throttle (0,2*63) not 20% of the max speed of the selected profile.

The reason this is causing issues for me:

I race with my kids (2,5 and 5 years) and created two new throttle profiles for them, both of the profiles have a lower max throttle than 63. The 5 year old is old enough to understand how to go into the pit, but not old enough to handle full throttle profiles. However when the car enters "Safe speed" in the pit the max throttle is too low for the car to move. I used the same car and controller with a throttle profile that has 63 as max throttle and I had more than enough "safe speed" to get out of the pits.

I would have to duplicate the car settings to solve the problem on my end...

thanks

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »
Good point, it actually havent been mention before, very strange, A pretty easy fix, but I need to be sure what the users think. If you only use car 1..6 each time and dont spent time on setup all your cars. Then the way its working today is good. but if you spent some time on each car and set it up individual it could be a good idea make it for the full power(Special if you change profile in the race).
I had an idea that the users start usning the Import/Export cars, and then we could use this forum for sharing them. Then we could end up having cars with very good settings.

Martin
Team RCS64, the very tires Programmer :o

WebWolf

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 10:34:46 AM »
Good point, it actually havent been mention before, very strange, A pretty easy fix, but I need to be sure what the users think. If you only use car 1..6 each time and dont spent time on setup all your cars. Then the way its working today is good. but if you spent some time on each car and set it up individual it could be a good idea make it for the full power(Special if you change profile in the race).
I had an idea that the users start usning the Import/Export cars, and then we could use this forum for sharing them. Then we could end up having cars with very good settings.

Martin
Team RCS64, the very tires Programmer :o

I guess you need to have a "child" throttle profile to really see this problem. Most users only uses 100% or maybe 80% profiles where this isn't an issue. Also this change could be implemented so those users do not notice the difference. Another argument is that my suggestion would remove complexity which is always a good thing.

I would love the possibility to download a database with picture and setting for all my cars. I mean like 80% of the users has the 6 cars from the premium package and it is a waste that all users spend time setting up their own database with the same cars.

Maybe a search button in RCS64 for an online database where you can search for a specific car and another button for uploading and while we are at it a third to request a attribute value change in the database... ;)

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 05:56:58 PM »
It will be safe speed, from full power in the next version...

Martin

WebWolf

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
It will be safe speed, from full power in the next version...

Martin

;D Thanks Martin!

Vector

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
  • Team RCS64 Tea Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 07:28:04 PM »
Thanks WebWolf for a great suggestion, it will make things a lot easier for me :) Really glad it was an easy fix for Martin also.