Issues with RCS64 > Issues with version 4

Damage points

(1/1)

sjc115:
I have to do some more investigating on this one, because it is intermittent.  When racing last night with my son, we switched to analog mode (not sure if that is relevant, but that was the mode we were in).  During the race, a track call was made (manually) and the damage point was taken from the wrong driver.  For instance, at one point in the race, I had all 5 damage points remaining, and my son was down to 1.  I made a track call and his points went to zero.  He thought that this happened one other time, but I don't remember all the details and thought he just misread the screen.  But when it was his last damage point going away, it was obvious.

MrFlippant:
What was the problem?
That's how damage points work. You lose one for each track call. You can remove one for yourself during a track call by pressing the LC button. You can correct an incorrectly removed point by pressing LC. It will toggle back and forth between removing a point and not removing a point.
When you get down to zero, the car will go to it's predetermined safe speed, and I believe it will not count laps.
Unfortunately, in analog mode, if you have a pit lane with sensors, you can't access the pit menu to repair damage, so be sure to turn pit sensors off when running analog mode with pit lane features, including damage. At least, I think it won't work. In any case, if you stop and go into the pit menu, you can repair damage, which will restore your car to full damage points remaining (full health), and allow you to continue racing at normal speed.

GRUNZ:
I think that what he is saying is that the damage point was removed to the other driver (not the one that made the track call) But maybe by mistake the other driver pressed the LC button and a point was deducted.
Question is: in the specific instance that you are describing did you loose the damage point? Or only the other driver got deducted? Because even if the other driver pressed the LC button and got one point off, who made the track call should still have the point removed (unless you also pressed the LC button to get it restored).

sjc115:
GRUNZ, you are correct, it was the driver NOT making the track call that lost the point.  I didn't know that any driver could take a damage point away from themselves by pressing their LC.  That is most likely what happened.  I'll verify that was the case the next time we race.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version