Author Topic: Fuel burn - question  (Read 6866 times)

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Fuel burn - question
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
It seems straight forward,  tank size and burn rate.  I started playing with these two settings and did see a difference in performance.  I have my track set to MPH, and I was assuming the tank size was then in gallons.  My track is 59 ft which is entered in the distance at the main screen. I see there is a meters to feet issue does that effect the fuel burn as well?  I am planning to play with this more tonight, is there a good starting point for these settings?   My track is 59 ft per lap, I typically run a 100 lap race and in v3 had the pit window at average every 20 laps. 

It does sound like anyone else is having this issue, so I started thinking maybe I am not doing something right. The only constant variable in my testing last night was the MPH and track length.   Please help. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:18:39 PM by Britt »

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel burn - question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 11:07:39 PM »
The default Fuel Burn Rate of 1 is VERY slow. Your track is about the same length as the ones I've run on with RCS64, and it took forever to burn a tank down with the default settings. It's been recommended that to make the new version more like the old one, the burn rate should be 10. Just be sure to only change one thing at a time, so that you can see how it effects the burn rate.

I don't think track length has a bearing on fuel burn, but it certainly could. If it does, I'd like to know. I believe it's just a calculation of total throttle output level, so the more full throttle you use, the faster it will burn. Keeping the throttle low will burn less fuel. Depending on the car and driver, this can make a pretty massive difference.

Hopefully, and I believe this IS the case, fuel burn is based on the speed being sent to the CAR, and not the throttle level reading. This was a problem with SSDC, where your throttle curve could cause you to burn more fuel, and you could game the system by setting up a curve that let you keep your throttle at the low end while the car is being told to go fast, and burn LESS fuel than you would otherwise.

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 04:42:15 AM »
Mr Flippant
Thank, I suspected as much.  I will try using 10 as the fuel rate. I tried 999 an it didn't change the burn rate.  I am afraid it is something else.  When I start a race there is a box in the lower right side of the screen that says "please wait  initializing"  and it counts down and stops. It hangs up at 1% (I waited 30 minutes and no change). If I tap the break button the event will then start. So I uninstalled my virus software, then I uninstall RCS64.  I then reinstall RCS64 and then switched virus software to Microsoft essentials. RCS64 still gets hungs up at 1% when initializing and it won't go any farther.  I figured that when I tap the brake button to get it to continue, I was voiding some sort of a setting being loaded.  I am at a lose, I don't know why it won't initialize. Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a fix?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:54:02 AM by Britt »

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:35:34 AM »
Ok no dice.  My fuel adjustment is not working. I can put the tank size at 1 and the burn rate at 999 and it burns at the rate of 1% every 2 Laps on a 59 ft or 18 m track. My operating system is windows 7. 

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:47:11 AM »
The fuel burn is complete rewritten, It is made to make it more prcises and you can really save fuel by driving carefully. so ou will see alot off different because all drive difrently.
The problem is that if you have used the old version all the cars from the old version have been copied to the new version. The old verison the normal thanksize was about 1000, and the new should be around 100. so your thank size is 100 if using the old cars. then a quick fix is to change the burnrate to 10, then it should be close to normal. But the best way is to make thank around 100 and burnrate to 1.

Martin

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
I have tried this along with making the tank size as low as 1 and no difference still 2 Laps per %.  The only difference between everyone's programs should be the registration Key, is it possible that my key is not activating all the function like the ability to adjust the fuel burn?  It just seems weird that I seem to be the only one with this issue.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:27:52 PM by Britt »

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »
I opened the administrator version of RCS64 and change the latency per your instructions to fix the initializing problem, this also fixed the fuel issue as well.  Now it seems to be working fine. I have the ability to make adjustments and see the results. I don't know if it was setting the latency to 1 or if it was just opening administrator and allowing RCS64's administrator to have access rights to Windows. Either way both problems have been resolved thank you guys so much.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:39:18 PM by Britt »

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »
So it seems like there are problems with RCS writing its own config file if it works only in admin mode.

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 02:14:15 AM »
Sorry For Confusion... It works in both administrator and regular mode,  but it didn't start working until I entered administrator mode to change the latency setting from 17 to 1.  When I entered administration mode windows ask me to allow RCS64 for to make changes to my computer. I selected yes and continued on to changed my latency setting. when I went back into race mode everything worked fine.  So I assumed It was the latency setting or the permission I granted To administration mode.