Author Topic: not use for dump slot racer  (Read 5517 times)

Balu69

• Been Here More than a Bit
  • 216 Feet 66Meter Scalextric Digital Track
    • View Profile
not use for dump slot racer
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »
Some word about RCS64.
at first, we are guy's how never want to pass from anyone and fight all time for the fast Lap. So we never ever drive carefully laps whatever position.
Yesterday we make a Event  with weather, fuel use and tire wear.
In Training und Quali with Rain and drying Track. If you have the wrong Tire you have problems. So, for the Race we take Rain out. Only sunny and cloudy. Start with sunny weather Track Temp 27 degrees. After 20 Rounds anybody de slotet, change to soft tire, nothing change, what a fuc... 6 Round later we aborted the Race. If i cancel the Race I see the Track temperature, only 15 degrees. Thats the problem, not the RCS works wrong, all driver not notice that the Grip "was lost".
What a great Work,
The sotware is not use for dump slot racer.
The next Race we take a big big look to the Track temperature. 

Guys keep it up!
Second place is first looser

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: not use for dump slot racer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:43:13 PM »
I agree! They did an excellent job bringing realism into the racing. Every little thing has an effect on the car performance, including track temperature.

I look forward to when they add in randomized mechanical failures, such as blown tires, malfunctioning brakes, or blown engines. In real racing, unexpected things happen, and can completely change the outcome of a race.

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »
I agree that the level of simulation is really good: I cannot look at any other RMS if they do not a weather simulation as sophisticated as the one of RCS64. However, I would like to have a written manual where all the details of how the simulation works are clearly explained.

As for the mechanical failures, I do not think that they are completely random. Engine failure is mainly caused by pushing it too hard. Tyre puncture by driving in dirty area of the track not used by the other track or debris left behind from an accident. I know that I am oversimplifying but I believe to just have random failures is too coarse: i would not enable this option. On the other hand, it would be nice to have on the dashboard some info about the engine (coolant temp, oil temp and pressure) and tyre info (like temp/pressure). Basically if you push your car hard these value could go to a red zone and if you keep pushing then a failure could happen. If you slow down then these values could go back to yellow and then green zones. Implemented in this way (where at least you have some warning and can do something about it by adapting your driving style) then it would be something that I would love to have.

The main problem that I see however, is that the dashboard is already crammed with lots of fields. Adding more would be a nightmare for Martin. ;-) 

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:38:48 AM »
I remember that in one of the first builds of RCS we had a temperature gauge, since the beginning I have been thinking about the engine failures and so on. Eventually we ended up with damage as one of the results, but that is not everything I had in mind.
I agree that random is a bit too harsh. I remember we thought about chances on a blown tyre only between 0-10% tyre for example.
Chance on mechanical failure : if the average throttle level is between a certain set level over a set amount of laps. This depends on track of course, should be user defined. If throttle level is >50 for 5 laps, 10% chance on mechanical failure, something like that.
This way, choosing a different throttle profile may help saving your engine. We need some kind of indication indeed, one simple warning led that starts flashing when in the risky area would do. I actually already have recorded the sounds for It a few years ago :)

Balu69

• Been Here More than a Bit
  • 216 Feet 66Meter Scalextric Digital Track
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 08:28:44 AM »
Hi,
at moment, if everything is on, we are have so many things to observance.  For me is it in the moment enough.
My wish is like Grunz:  I would like to have a written manual where all the details of how the simulation works are clearly explained. Or a Video.
Second place is first looser

distantkiwi

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »
I think what is needed is a phone app that talks to the PC which could display all the information.  Then someone could build something that attached to throttle or a wrist strap, so you can have the stats and info in plain view.  So many possibilities so little man power.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »
Anyone who can make apps?