Author Topic: instant track call  (Read 3686 times)

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
instant track call
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »
It would be nice to have the option not to have a time delay for the track call.  1 sec just seem like a lot on a smaller track. With human reaction time combined with the CPU processing and one second delay it seems more like a 2 second penalty. I tried to do a half second by entering .5 and a quarter by entering .25, but this setting will not stick and resets anything below 1 to 0 when you boot up RCS64. This is an issue because a 0 in the box causes The track call to activate automatically (is the key word) instantly with the ATC off. The trigger on the controller can be squeezed and the track call still active.

Vector

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
  • Team RCS64 Tea Boy
    • View Profile
Re: instant track call
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
Yes 1 second is the lowest that it will go. One of the first beta testing versions allowed you to set it to less than 1 second but it caused problems with something else, I can't remember what.

And setting to 0 seconds does what you say. Just remember to check that your saved events don't have it set to 0, or you will keep having the same problem. Believe me I know I've been there ::) 

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »
Is he saying that setting it to 0, even with ATC off, will trigger an ATC?

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
I think what he meant is that with value 0 it goes in Track call even without pushing the brake button.
The problem on the time below 1 sec I have found was different than this one: basically was on the time to automatically open the pit menu. If it was below 1 sec then it was not possible to operate it properly.

I also find that 1 sec for activating the track call to be too long: not be cause who issues the track call will loose precious time, but more because the other cars will bump into the deslotted car if it still still on the track. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:52:15 PM by GRUNZ »

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »
I did found a small bug that its only can take a number with out decimals. Will be fixed in next build. But I will make the lowest value 0,3. otherwise you will have a track call when loosing throttle for entering a curve.
Martin