Author Topic: When controllers are unplugged cars run away  (Read 3277 times)

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
When controllers are unplugged cars run away
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:10:49 PM »
This issue came up during the beta testing of RCS, but neither Martin nor Andy were able to reproduce.
With RCS64 up and running on your box (no matter if in racing or just in one of the setting page), car on the track and controller plugged in the power base, the car will start moving as soon as you press the trigger on the controller.

Now physically unplug the controller from the power: the car will start running at full speed!

Has anyone else seen this happening on their set up? It might be related to some settings that I have configured on the power base through the tower?

Britt

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Re: When controllers are unplugged cars run away
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 02:47:53 AM »
After I have completed a race I too have seen an increase in pace car speed. My settings are set so that the race will end after all the cars have completed the lap once the lead car has won. If a car has crashed or if a pace car is in the pits the pace cars will continue till all cars have crossed the finish line, if this doesn't happen with in three to four laps the pace cars take off at high speed.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:25:19 AM »
This will be solved in the bugfix release..

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »
Hi Britt
The issue I am describing is different: it is related to a car (pacer or not does not matter) that is programmed to a given id. Unplug the controller (for instance, if ID 2 unplug the red controller) the car will go at full speed until the controller is plugged back.

Martin, I guess that you solved the issue described by Britt, right?