Author Topic: Just a couple of Questions with V4  (Read 3538 times)

skipper3203

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Just a couple of Questions with V4
« on: June 18, 2015, 12:34:39 AM »
Hi guys,
I finally bit the bullet and purchased the software:
Just a few problems to figure out...it may be me as well so hold on!

Q1  Series... When you have 9 or so drivers....it only creates enough events that everyone has the same number of races/events (eg 9 events)
How do you change the number of events to 18 or 27....
I hold race nights with short races so we have lots of them and we have a points prize at the end....a variation would be to mix 9gp with 9 endurance.... I tried selecting multiple races by ctrl but i couldn't get them both to select....I'm sure I'm missing something

Q2  Pace Car: once you have recorded a pace lap, how do you slow it down? I do a lot of magless racing, the recorded lap is approximately 10sec and want to slow that down to 12secs so magless cars can keep up

Q3  Setup without Pb connected: is there a way to trick the program in thinking the Pb is connected.  I like to set up the computer/races etc away from my track, but changing drivers etc don't work when Pb isn't connected

Thanks in advance from skipper3203

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Just a couple of Questions with V4
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:48:58 AM »
Q1: You can make fewer cars than drivers, then more racs will be created

Q2: You have to take you time adjusting the pace cars correct. Use the mouse on the graph then you can drag the lines up and down.

Q3: Sorry we dont provide this feature.

Martin

skipper3203

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:48 AM »
Regarding Q1:
Just to clarify, you can't link multiple events together in a series? So we couldn't just run the series 3 events of the same thing to make 3x9 = 27heat/races total with points all added together from the 27 races....
My group would rather have lots of shorter races, eg 15-20 gp events so they can have drinks and refreshments in-between heats while cheering on the racers!

Regarding Q2
Fair enough, considering longer lap would change the throttle vs time considerably(it would make for a mind blowing algorithm to recalculate especially on 34m track) better just record a lap that's approximate to magless cars...

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 07:29:36 AM »
Q1: Sorry its not posible to add more events to a serie.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »
But..unles I got It wrong, if after you finished the first events (type of race), make new series with same name(other type of race), than It will add the points to the same series name.