Author Topic: Bug Reporting  (Read 18765 times)

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reporting
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »
I think having the safe speed from full power will make it easier for maintaining car profiles (no need to change the safe speed when changing the profile). However there could be cases in which the safe speed may be higher than top speed.
As an example: set safe speed to 40% (that is 25.2 from full speed of 63) and using a profile where the top speed is 20. This could be confusing...more so that the fuel level/speed is calculated as a percentage of the actual profile and not the full speed of 63.

WebWolf

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
I think having the safe speed from full power will make it easier for maintaining car profiles (no need to change the safe speed when changing the profile). However there could be cases in which the safe speed may be higher than top speed.
As an example: set safe speed to 40% (that is 25.2 from full speed of 63) and using a profile where the top speed is 20. This could be confusing...more so that the fuel level/speed is calculated as a percentage of the actual profile and not the full speed of 63.

Theoretically, yes.

But I do not see the use case.

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 07:57:44 PM »
It is not theoretical at all: I have set profiles for my mini without mag as low as 25. With a Safe Speed of 40% the top speed is still below safe speed.

I was thinking at one more sophisticated solution. Introducing a Minimum Viable Speed (MVS): this value is between 0-63 and is the lowest speed that allows a car to move around the track (clearing tight corners and slopes). Leave the Safe Speed as it is (% of the top speed of the current profile). However, if for a given profile the Safe Speed value is below the MVS, then the MVS value is used as Safe Speed.

The idea is that the MVS allows the car to crawl around the track. Below this speed the car would get stuck (which is not acceptable).

Safe Speed is not for crawling: it is a reduced speed compared to the top speed but still allows the car to move around fairly quickly to clear the pit or at the end of the race. 

But I realise that is too sophisticated for Martin: so no way that is going to be implemented. ;-)

One last comment: Martin given that you are going for Safe Speed as a % of 63, then i would suggest to drop the percentage and have Safe Speed  as a value between 0 and 63. Less risks of confusing your users. 

WebWolf

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 11:44:52 PM »
There is something fishy going on with my car database. Atleast on two occations all cars (or most of them) has been replaced by a copy of one of my other cars.

I am not exactly sure what I did, more than going through the list of cars with up and down arrow. (is there a key mapped to copy car settings?)

Arter I restored the cars the second time I tried to export all car data to a folder but I got a file not found exeption.

Am I the only one that has seen this problem?