Author Topic: More control of when/if sounds play  (Read 3324 times)

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
More control of when/if sounds play
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
I  love how many sounds there are in RCS64. It's literally awesome when scrolling through the list and choosing from available sounds.

However, in some cases, I would like there to be NO sound for some things. Specifically, I would like to be able to disable sound for being in the pit menu. The available choices are distracting and can be really annoying, especially when people are unfamiliar with pit functions and taking a long time... or worse, the track call happens while people are in the pit lane. Which brings me to my other request... disabling all sounds (or at least ones that repeat) while in the track call. So, here are the features I would very much like added:

1) option to mute/disable/silence specific sounds.
2) option to have sounds only played once, rather than repeated (e.g. pit sounds)
3) option to have repeating sounds, or any sound currently playing to stop when a track call occurs.

I had a hard time talking to people at an event last night, trying to explain things about the pit menu system, while the droning engine noises were playing, and other people were talking more loudly than necessary to be heard over those noises. Stopping those sounds during track calls, at the VERY LEAST, would be very much appreciated. Start them back up when track call ends. :)

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: More control of when/if sounds play
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 05:42:25 AM »
Good point, I will put it on the list

Ade

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Re: More control of when/if sounds play
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:38:38 PM »
Hi
    The track call sound should just over rule any other sound being played .
Cheers.Ade