Author Topic: Throttle-Pro support  (Read 2916 times)

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Throttle-Pro support
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:43:07 PM »
SSDC is the only RMS that supports the Andy Wallace bluetooth Throttle-Pro wireless controller boxes. This might not even be possible if he isn't willing to provide the needed technical information to support his product in other programs, but it could hurt to ask him. I think it would be pretty cool to have the ability to run a race with wired controllers, Scorpius controllers, Throttle-Pro, and even oXigen controllers some time soon (hopefully in 2015).

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle-Pro support
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:51 AM »
Sorry, I don't think that will happen. Throttle pro is as far as I know based on a bluetooth connection, which is not reliable/stable enough with all different windows version etc. Would mean a lot of support to get them to work and even than, in our opinion bluetooth is not reliable enough to control SSD cars.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 07:31:57 AM »
We already have the communication protocol, and I have borrowed a controller and tried to add it, I did make a connection using one off the 10 different USB bluetooth adapters. And than I only supported that one. So sorry to say RCS64 never going to support bluetooth devices that dont suply their own USB dongle. all Bluetooth hardware placed in the PC have their own way off handling bluetooth so making a general driver for handling this is a major task, that never going to be ok, and will need too much support for the team.
So sorry, as long as I am the only programmer this simply don't have enough benefit, to prioritize it.

Martin

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »
No worries. It doesn't hurt to ask, and it's nice to know for sure.

Not to argue with you, but it seems that Andy figured it out somehow. I've only used a couple bluetooth adapters, but they worked pretty well. Given the number of people around the world with all kinds of bt adapters, and very few problems among them, it doesn't appear that the hardware is such a big issue.

That said, I understand this is a VERY low priority, and I'm happy with that. There are many other things I'd like to see in RCS before ThrottlePro support. I just wanted to get this one on the board, so to speak.