Author Topic: adjusting damage points through the keyboard  (Read 3981 times)

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
adjusting damage points through the keyboard
« on: April 20, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
I might doing something wrong but during a race I am not able to use the keyboard to add or remove damage points to a driver ID. I know that in the previous version, Q would add a damage point and A would remove it to ID 1, so would W and S for ID 2 and so on.
But in this version it seems not working. Also, it would be much easier to allow this when the track call is still on.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: adjusting damage points through the keyboard
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:26 AM »
As I recall it we did not add this in the new version because no one actually used it...

Martin

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:48 AM »
When you say "no one actually used it" what do you actually mean? Do you collect data from each instance of RCS64 out there to check which feature users use? OR do you run polls where you ask users which features they use most or which features they do not use at all?

To be honest, when it was only me and another mate of mine I agree with you that this feature was not really used much. But now taht I have 3 or 4 drivers each time, I can see the benefit of having this feature instead of relying solely on the drivers to press the LC button to put or remove one damage point per track call.   

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
I see your point, maybe I have forgot the reason why we havent put in in, or we simply have forgot....

I will talk with the guys and find out why..

Martin

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »
I think It was in the old version, before we had the track call screen/LC option.

I agree It would be nice to have It back, during TC screen.

Same goes for applying STOP&GO, would be nice during TC screen, I don't think that is how it works now.

Controlled by mouse (in TC screen) would be an option too, I'd like to stay away from the keyboard.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:53:36 AM by Minardi »

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 11:31:21 PM »
Unless you plan to support a wireless system (like Oxigen or SCorpious) with more than 6 cars, the keyboard use seems very reasonable to me, especially when it is possible to use in the TC window. But to have the fields editable with mouse click is also nice.

Another thing that we would appreciate to have is in the TC some information about number of laps for each driver and current position. The TC window covers most of the dashboard info and it would be nice to have some a recap of the current situation during the TC.

Anyway, this saturday we will be running 7 nascar cars at the same time so I will report on any further feedback/idea we might have.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »
OUt of my mind, but I am pretty sure you can see your position in TC screen Itself.