Author Topic: Event Saving  (Read 3063 times)

woody072

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
Event Saving
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »
Hi,
Newbie with RCS64 following previous experience of SSD. Congratulations on developing and outstanding programme. The latest version of SSD left me cold from a casual user of my scaley. RCS64 operated straight out of the box and has already provided some great fun for many and has reignited my enthusiasm for slot car racing. Thank you.

Now for a bunch of no doubt silly questions.... :-(
(I have watched most of the setup videos and read most of the old manual, but cant seem to understand the results I am getting when I set up events). I should also so, i am just a home user not a club member etc. I am using the setup for office charity events and kids christmas parties, so just me setting up etc.

I typically start by creating a new event. I then set Driver and Car and then Controller. I then return to Single event to see that my controller settings are showing and the matched cars are visible in the right half of the screen.
My expectation is that by 'Saving' the Event at this stage the cars, controller and profiles will be saved with the event, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

If I select another event the only details that change are on the left half of the screen and the Elements at the top of the right half of the 'Single Event' Screen. The controller, driver and car details stay the same.

Am I doing something wrong? or do I have a misunderstanding of how the system functions?
I want to have different events set up with the pre-selected cars and drivers before I turn up for the actual event.

All advice greatly received.
Thank you
Paul

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Event Saving
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:37:45 AM »
The single event is not related to the controller,User and car setup. This is related to what controllers that are chosen(SSD, Scorpius, disabled or Pacecar). The profiles is user related because we all want different ones, special if your playing with kids. Furthermore you cannot have enabled a SSD controller if its not connected
Hope this make any sense to you.

Martin
Team RCS64

woody072

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
Thank you Martin.
I think that just confirms I am getting the results as designed.

So I wonder if I can achieve my outcome a different way.

Scenario:
I have 2 different events taking place:
Team Event
Endurance 20 mins
GT3 cars
I have 4 x teams of 3 people. each team member rotates during a 20 min race (Driver, Pit Crew, Co driver).

Indivdual Event
F1 Mode 20 laps - F1 cars

I want to pre-configure the Team name (as driver for the Team event) and Driver name for individual event.
Pre allocate cars and lanes all before the event starts.

At the moment I can set the cars and lanes up for the first team heat. I then do an individual heat and have to reset all the controllers, cars and drivers

And repeat for the start of each event.

Ideally I want to be able to save the setup so I can switch between heats.

Is any of that possible?
Cheers
Paul

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 05:44:08 AM »
You can make an event called each race types then goto event, Choose the first event ype you want to race, then choose the drivers. Then the rotation. then start the race. then you all will race the race with rotation. When finished you choose another event to the event and so on. then it calculate point and laps for you.

Martin