Author Topic: Finish problems  (Read 3784 times)

Hidtourer

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
Finish problems
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »
Hi there,

Firstly thanks so much for your hard work, rcs64 is the bomb, very good to use and run. I'm the envy of the neighbourhood!

I'm having problems with finishing though, as soon as first place is achieved the other races are only given half a lap and then that's it! I've tried all three settings for finish and neither seem to give everyone the chance to finish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Matt.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Finish problems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »
Is this for all kind off races Practice / qualify /race(GP or Endurance)?

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »
And, when you say half a lap, do you mean that they will travel for an additional half lap and then stop dead? '
Or, is it that all cars are stopping once the last car to cross after the leader has done so?
I think the default is for the race to end when all cars have crossed after the leader, rather than all cars finishing all the laps. As such, it can seem like some cars get to keep going while others just stop after the line, or whatever.
If you want all cars to complete all laps, then you need to change the Race End option on the Single Event screen, in the Event section at the bottom left, to "All cars finished race(Only GP)". That will ensure that all cars in a lap limited (GP) race complete all the laps of the race, even if they are many laps behind the leader.

Hidtourer

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »
Hi there,

Many thanks for your replies, I shall give things another test as I must say it was a late night an the first try at using the software. It was in gp mode on a 75 lap race but yes that makes sense, it was waiting for the last car to finish. I will check again at this weeks meet and report back.

On another point, I know I should start a new thread but intermediate tyres. When you auto set tyres for the event why does it never give any intermediates. We found they work very well on the damp track?

Thanks again,

Matt.

Hidtourer

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 11:43:37 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, had an early race this eve and yes seems to be fine now. Happy days!

Matt

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 05:42:00 AM »
The finish race type will also work in practice in the next version..