Author Topic: Are the Smart Mega Sensors still on the roadmap?  (Read 4283 times)

stoooo

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Are the Smart Mega Sensors still on the roadmap?
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
Hello.

With the current pit lane deal going on via the Scalextric website, it has thrown my focus back onto pit lane sensors.  The deal includes the Pit Lane Game and a bunch of pit lane track.  However, in my case, I am space limited, so extra track isn't much use to me *now*, and I would have to reconfigure things a bit to fit a PitPROed Pit Lane Game into my layout.  So, instead of being seduced by this amazing deal, I might be better just putting the money towards a set of SmartSensors (as they drop in without taking up any additional space), since the price works out about the same.

However, the idea of wireless throttles in the Mega Sensor is very appealing.  But, I haven't seen any updates on it recently.  In fact, the last one I saw seemed to indicate that the Mega Sensor was being shelved because of the development effort going on between SCS and TruSpeed to deliver a complete wireless solution based on the TruSpeed controllers.  I would love to get the SmartSensors, but don't want to spend money on the basic version when it would be better saved and put towards the Mega version later.

So, is the Mega Sensor still under development?  Or am I safe to buy the SmartSensor without fear of buyer's remorse later in the year? 

Cheers,
Stuart.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Smart Mega Sensors still on the roadmap?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:06:28 AM »
Sorry for the late reply Stooo. Ihave seen you made up your mind and bought the Smart Sensors. Which is a good deal. When the SMS comes out we will try to make it possible to use It in combination with the SS.

Ade

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 11:39:19 AM »
Hi
    With the release of Truspeed wireless option and the forthcoming support for locator pro will there be any need for the sms?
Cheers.Ade

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 07:19:22 PM »
We have a long term plan on making it possible to setup all the sensors like you want.
So you are able to use the sensors as Sector timing pit sensing or SF, just like you wanted. Then you even should be able to use a 4 lane SF.

Martin