Author Topic: forced drop from series heat/race/event when controller unplugged  (Read 2755 times)

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Had a race last night.
a controller was acting up.
I replaced the controller just as the heat ended, and the next one generated.
Since the controller was unplugged at that time, RCS64 automatically disabled that controller for the heat, forcing the racer in that position to be kicked out of that heat.
After the race started, with the controller plugged in, I paused the race, and it now showed the missing controller, but "NA" as the name. The person was still kicked out of the heat. There was no way to get that person back into the heat, all because the controller happened to be unplugged when the previous race ended and the new one generated.

While this might be rare, I can think of a half dozen ways this can happen on a regular basis. It's necessary for RCS64 to NOT kick out a racer from a heat just because the heat generated while a controller was not plugged in.

In fact, I'd like for RCS64 to not automatically enable/disable controllers all the time. It's pretty annoying to have to tell people to plug in their controllers before I can go set their car or driver name up for the next race. Controllers are personal, and are often unplugged/removed between races/heats of a race meeting.

I'd show you video of what happened, but the screen cannot be seen clearly, so you'd only see us looking at the screen and talking about the issue. :(

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: forced drop from series heat/race/event when controller unplugged
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:08:13 AM »
I understand your point Greg, I will see if we can disable this feature during series.