Author Topic: APB disconnect  (Read 3184 times)

smoken510

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
APB disconnect
« on: February 24, 2018, 05:03:30 AM »
Been having issues with cars taking off at full speed or going into safe speed or a mix of both during race.  When this occurs rcs64 displays: "(timeout) cut off power to apb for 2sec".  power never actually cuts off we all have control until cars go haywire. With 1 or 2 cars on track very rarely happens, with 3 cars almost half way through race and an additional 2 or three disconnects, with 4 or more forget about it, happens within first few laps or sooner and frequently there after! I have unplugged riko-rocket ftdi cable with power off of course, and plugged in the tower that comes with c7042 pb, and cars function flawlessly.  So its probably not the powerbase.  This is what i have,  c7042 apb (apb has been updated with latest firmware),  rcs64 v.4.1.0.137, rikorocket ftdi cable, smart sensors from smartracing.dk, truspeed iv wireless controllers, currently 82ft on a 7ft x 14ft table with 2 pwr taps good power throughout layout.  Also have three XLC,s new style and 1 clc right out to in on current layout. My computer is a Toshiba w/ i7 core running on windows 10.  been fighting this on my own for quite awhile now. Rarely have had more than one other racer at a time, although now more people are coming over to race (after their one on one instructional races, lol!  but i have to run original tower for 3 or more racers.  Really want to get this figured out as i love the rcs64 program and have a good amount invested in my layout, software, sensors, etc. and would like it to function properly.  Wishing i knew a scaley rcs64 digital guru in the S.F. bay area.  Anyways, thanks for any suggestions on how to rectify my problem.         

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: APB disconnect
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »
RCS64 send a car speed to APB then the APB send a throttle values from the controller back. That is how its looping. And if the connection somehow is lost the car just continue driving same speed as the lasp package RCS64 have sent to the CAR. We have heard that others have had this problem and this was Hardware related. My guees its a defect cable.

Martin