Author Topic: Analogue mode on version F3 and understanding pit lane  (Read 2737 times)

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
Analogue mode on version F3 and understanding pit lane
« on: July 08, 2015, 08:54:23 PM »
Downloaded RCS64 over the weekend and having a great time experimenting with the F3 version on my track. Have been able to easily implement all the features available in the F3 version but not able to activate the analogue mode as it is dimmed in the Main Page dialog box. Is this is a restriction of the F3 version or should I do something else to make available? Using COM3 with latency time of 1 ms.
My second question is related to the use of pit lane. On the Instructional videos it seems that the pit requiring options such as refuel / tire change / damage all occur with the use of an actual pit lane. Wanted to know if the actual pit lane (7014 or 7015 as not interested on C7041) is needed to be able to implement above mentioned actions. On SSDC (also trying that product) you can refuel anywhere on the track by pressing the LC button (not sure how difficult it is to deal with Track call). Have very limited space on my current layout and adding the pit lane would need a change in the layout that I'm trying to avoid. Finally, if I need to add the pit lane track, how important would be to add the Smart Sensors (looks like a daunting job in terms of loading the Arduino software).
Thanks in advance.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: Analogue mode on version F3 and understanding pit lane
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:18:10 PM »
Welcome Gheudebert!

1. Analog not supported in F3
2. No, you don't need a pitlane or sensors. You can refuel/cahnge tyres etc anywhere on the track by pressing LC, or LC/BRK, depending on how you want It. It will open the pit menu.

Having said this, adding a pitlane, even without sensors, will add a lot to your track, otherwise you will be blocking the lane for other drivers.

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
Re: Analogue mode on version F3 and understanding pit lane
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:03:29 AM »
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Your RMS is wonderful and looks like having a pit lane if not required is highly desirable.