Author Topic: Start Event  (Read 3646 times)

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
Start Event
« on: July 28, 2015, 04:03:43 AM »
I purchased RC64 last week and after being able to record one pace care session without using the controller I find myself unable to start any event from practice to qualifying or a race.
The controller is assigned to SSD controller status, the green light is on next to the driver on the start event tab, the controllers are indeed functioning (throttle configuration tab). Yet, when a click on practice and go to the screen to assign the controller to the car I'm able to do all steps and yet when countdown is over the car would not respond. Have tried both controllers without luck. Even went to a nuclear option and hit the reset RC64 to default settings button and still no luck.
If interest, when I stop the race I'm able to run the star with the appriayely assigned controller however no lap time is recorded. The only unusual message that I see is that flashing at the bottom of the start race window a message flashes stating latency might be too high for initializing (???). The only aspect I cannot change is eating either qualifying or racing to zero on the single event tab, something that apparently gets you in trouble from reading the v3 manual.
In summary, I can run my digital cars but cannot initiate a single event be it practice, qualifying, or racing. I was able to do so before I started working with the pace car feature, yet even after eliminating my two pace cars I cannot get the single event feature to work in terms of recording times or laps. Similar shortcoming on analog mode.
Any advise would be much appreciated as I believe to have tried all permutations including the box on the start menu window that request to check power on the vehicle on the track; it actually confirms the car has power but after I press the start button the car will not move.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Start Event
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »

Do you have assigned a car to the controller. I have hard about this issue if you have chosen the same car for more than one user.

What throttle profile is chosen?

BTW
We are working hard on the next version, and a lot off work have been put into telling the users if something is not setup correctly.

Martin

Tavo

• Been Here a Bit
  • Caminosdelinca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
I decided to reboot the whole system and got the single event feature to work again. I have assigned more than one driver to a car and suspect that was eliminated from the software during the reboot; will not do that again. Unfortunately for a while yesterday the controllers were misbehaving and I lost control of one of my cars when it accelerated abruptly and the end of a long straight...spectacular crash but fortunately no damage to the car. For some reason both controllers are working properly now.

I have both controllers on LINEAR and HSPD profile choices and do alternate between those two profiles without any problem.

Thanks for you response.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
Well done, enjoy the software!