Author Topic: Throttle won't shut off  (Read 4309 times)

sjc115

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Throttle won't shut off
« on: December 03, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
I just recently (last week) put our track but up after over a year in storage.  The controllers we have are stock Scalextric and have previously been used a good bit.  Like the track, they also have been sitting unused for over a year.

We loaded the new version of the software without issue.  Calibrated the controllers and started racing.  What we noticed was that the cars stayed powered on for a split second after the throttle was release (we could tell by the headlights still being on).  It made the cars very hard to drive due to our track layout being very small (3 ft x 14 ft space, Betrand style figure 8).

We changed the throttle profile to one that had a dead zone at the low end and the cars were much easier to drive and acted properly.  Do you think that the issue we saw is with the old, used equipment?  Or, is there something in the software that might be causing it?

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle won't shut off
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »
Did you use weather or tire?

sjc115

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 10:16:31 PM »
Yes, both.  I never consider that as a possible reason.  I will try it without weather and tires and see what happens.  Thanks!

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 05:29:21 AM »
If it rains and you have hard tire on, there will be a delay, look at the tyre wear tab..

MrFlippant

• Here a Real Lot!
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »
I definitely suggest that those new to RCS64 turn OFF most of the cool simulation features when getting used to the software. Then, add them in one at a time, running a few races with each new feature. Also, don't necessarily add them all in one at a time. Try some races with just fuel, then some with just tires, etc. When you pile on all the features, it can be hard to tell what is causing the car to perform in unexpected ways.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »
Greg: Defently the right way to go for new users..