Author Topic: Setting cars to pit every n laps?  (Read 4080 times)

lipcheng

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Setting cars to pit every n laps?
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
Can any help me figure out how to set burn rate for car so they have to pit for fuel by a set number of laps.   On v4 I learned that each car can have a set burn rate and it says 1 is normal.  Any one know what this means?  Any ideas how to set the burn rate so that every car pits every 10 laps. Thanks!

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Setting cars to pit every n laps?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 05:31:49 AM »

Hi
The fuel burn is many things..
1:Its related to the throttle, more throttle more fuel burn.
2:Each car have its own tank size, in the old version the thank size was unrealistic if you think it as Liters. they standard was 1000(As I recal) in version 4 its 100.
3:Each car have burnrate. This is just a Add off the the curent value, if tanksize is 100 one is normal, but if you use the old settings form V87(Tank size is 1000) then you can make the burnrate to 10. Then its very close to the old version.

If you run without magnets you need less thottle but you will have more equal fuel use. because the cars are more equal.

In other words you cannot calculate laps with the fuel burn, a better idea for forcing users to go to pit is using Tyre wear, here you can settup the % pr. lap.

Martin

lipcheng

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Re: Setting cars to pit every n laps?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:15:21 AM »
Thank you for the reply.  It's helpful what you said about the fuel burn rate.   I had set up and used the computations from the manual to get all my cars to pit as I desired   It was time consuming but it worked.  I was hoping the burn rate feature would make it easier.   But I understand what you mean.   Each car has its own unique properties and having a uniform burn rate would be possible.   I was thinking about using the tyre wear for the same purpose.  I think I will do that.