Future Developments > Future Development

more visual change in fuel level

(1/2) > >>

MrFlippant:
We would like more options for quick visual cues for fuel level. It can be hard to read the number in the gauge, and the color doesn't change until it gets pretty low. At the very least, we'd like more color changes during the fuel consumption, if not the ability to choose which colors and when they change.

Ideally, I'd like a gauge of some kind, even just a sectioned bar graph, that indicated fuel level in at least 10 sections, if not 20. This could be done the same way the throttle level is shown, but horizontally, and with either color that changes along the graph, or where the whole graph changes colors as the level changes. It could also be done with images, like some other programs do. Just set it up so that a set of 10 or 20 images are used, and then we can even have user selectable fuel gauge sets in different styles.

Vector:
In my opinion -

Gauges although visually pleasing are inaccurate.

The numerical value enables you to accurately assess how much fuel you have left and enables you to calculate how many laps you will be able to do with the remaining fuel load.

Often I will be left with less than 5% of fuel left at the end of a race. With gauges I probably would not risk running out of fuel and would just make a visit to the pits.

So definitely no gauges for me, however an improved system of using colour, such as is used with Tyre wear, would be useful.

Andy P

MrFlippant:
I agree that percentages are more accurate, but they're not as easy to check at a glance while racing.

Also, with all the boxes having nothing but numbers, it's very easy to forget which one has which number and what it means.

Over time, we would become accustomed to it, so this would be primarily beneficial for newer users, but making the dashboard more user friendly and intuitive isn't a bad thing. :)

GRUNZ:
I have made the same suggestion. If the same approach as for the throttle level is used the we could have both a number and a vertical gauge with 5 blocks (20% for each block). Also as we have discussed, the arrangements of different values are very confusing and seems to be randomly put there: a more rational layout would be nice. 

Another suggestion that I made was on the audio feedback: the program plays an audio message "low on Fuel" when it is at 25%. On the other hand it give more precise feedback for the tyres levels.

martin:
We had that before, but 99% off the users preferes Percentage, thats why we usepercentage, so I will hate go back again, then I never will end change it..

Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version