Author Topic: Issue with timed session (pract/qual/race) when PB before pit exit option  (Read 4110 times)

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
In analog mode, if you enable the option "PB before pit exit" together with the option "count lap when exit pit lane (this work only with pit sensor)" then a timed session (like 10 min pract) will not have the timer started (count down from 10 min to 0) - actually the timer will be 00:00:00 no matter the settings- and no laps will be counted. When the cars goes over the S/F line the sound associated with the ID will be played but no count or timing will be recorded.

I think this is an issue related to the fact the SS (in my case) will be disable when RCS is set to analog, but the option that requires the lap to be counted when going over the pit exit sensor screws up the logic of the program.

gio

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Not sure I understand. Are you using pitlane together with Analog?

Martin

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
So in digital I have my APB before the pit exit and I have the smartsensor so I have selected the option to have a lap added when the car passes over the exit sensor.
In these settings, if I put the track in analog mode and I want to do a 20 min practice basically when the event starts it will show 00:00:00:00 in the remaining time and when the car goes over the S/F line the apb will detect the car (the audio message associated with he car will be played) but no laps will be counted.

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
By the way, with the option "apb before the pit exit" if I deselect the option "add lap when passing over pit sensor" and I use instead the other option "add lap when pit menu is open" then the issue disappear: I mean the practice session will work as expected.
Of course in Analog I do not want to use the pit lane or the pit sensor but I think that the fact the pit sensor gets disabled when going into analog might create some issue with the timer during an event.   

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Martin/Marcel
Does my bug report make sense to you now? Or it is still unclear?
if you have a smartsensor it should be pretty easy to replicate.

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with timed session (pract/qual/race) when PB before pit exit option
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »
I think I understand Gio.

GRUNZ

• Here a Lot
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with timed session (pract/qual/race) when PB before pit exit option
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 03:58:51 AM »
Cool. let me know if you are able to reproduce it.