Author Topic: fuel % power setting for car.  (Read 2782 times)

thoefnagel

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
fuel % power setting for car.
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:58:29 AM »
Hi. Recently I bought a slot.it Lola b10/60 and chipped it. Is my fastest car now by far. But to make it kind of equal to my other LMP cars I need to restrict its top speed or handling. I set the power% to 51 now and in the fuel% power setting it goes from 45% to 51% power. This works fine except I have the feeling that the car is much less 'alive' . like if the speed does not differ much if I squeeze between half and full. My question now is: how does the power restrictions of a car work. Is it like a 5063 profile (a straight line to 50) or is it a straight line to 63 with a flat end?

Also are there any other options to restrict a fast car? I use burnrate and power now. I also tried throttle profile 'Low Speed' and this helps to make the car more alive. But it would be nice if the profile can be assigned to a car instead of only the driver

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: fuel % power setting for car.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:12 AM »
What profile do you use. Linear?

Its all a chain off power calculation. You can try to disable the Fuel burn, and set the max speed on the car to find out if it acting the same way.

Martin

thoefnagel

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Re: fuel % power setting for car.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
Mostly I use the 5063 profile.
I will check how it works without fuel burn, but I do not want to lose that feature.
Maybe I just need to use the Low Speed Profile in combination with fuel% power settings for this car. Only problem is, when I forget it, the car is way too fast for the other cars.
Thanks,

Teunis