Author Topic: Lost connection to PowerBase  (Read 4808 times)

JayE

• Been Here a Bit
    • View Profile
Lost connection to PowerBase
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:05:57 PM »
Hi all.

I had a very wierd problem. Program started fine detecting the APB but after a short time I got the message 'Lost connection to Powerbase'. SSDC had no problem communication with the APB. After a lot of trying to figure out what was wrong and not being able to find the answer in any other post here I finally got it. My APB was running version 0.85 of the firmware. I don't know if this issue would have appeared if it had been version 0.87 but updating it to the latest 1.09 with bootloader and firmware from the SSDC-site solved the problem.

Racingheaven

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
Re: Lost connection to PowerBase
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »
I also have this problem, but I'm running firmware 1.09. In practice and qualification all is fine, but during a race I lose connection with the APB. I can only make connection again after I have pulled the APB from the power and restarted it again.

Once I lose control the cars start to drive like ghost cars...

Anyone any idea how to get this solved? RCS64 is a wonderful add on to Scalextric slot car racing, so I would really like this issue solved  :D

Minardi

• Administrator
  • Here a Lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 10:15:19 AM »
Martin is on to it and will be fixed in upcoming bug fix release. We see this problem with slower PC's, is your PC such a PC?

Racingheaven

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:51:51 AM »
no, my laptop is a reasonably new HP-computer (intel core i7). It had the highest specs when I bought it about a year or so ago.

martin

• Administrator
  • Here a Real Lot!
  • RCS64 Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
Mostly this is related to the Smartsensor. It simply take many resources. Also a USB hub can caurse this to happen. A quisk fix until next release can sometimes be to change the Latency to 5ms.

Martin

Racingheaven

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 11:12:32 AM »
Latency is now on 1 ms. I'm not using a smart sensor up till now. I'm planning to do so in the future, once I get the program fully working.

I'm using a USB hub in my home system, but my laptop is connected directly to the APB, so I don't understand where a USB hub could be interfering... or am I wrong?

I will try to put latency to 5 ms.

Racingheaven

• Been Here a Little Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 11:46:34 AM »
With latency at 5 I succeeded in finish my first 50 lap race, so it looks like the problem has been solved...

Thank you very much...